When choosing a baby name, your first thought probably isn’t what you should NOT name your baby or unexpected terrible names that should be off-limits. However, the list of risky baby names is worth checking out if you’re someone who wants to name your baby something truly unique.
In this article, you will find a list of banned baby names, unexpected terrible names that you should never use, and some of the worst baby names ever used.
14 Baby Names that are Banned Around the World
According to fox8, several baby names are banned in the U.S. The list includes
- Santa Claus
- Jesus Christ
- Adolf Hitler
Some surprising baby names are banned in other countries, as well. In Mexico, you can’t name your baby “Robocop,” and in Saudi Arabia, you can’t name your baby “Linda.” In Italy, the name “Friday” is banned, and in Sweden, the name “Metallica” can’t be used. In New Zealand, the names “Sex Fruit,” “Talula Does the Hula in Hawaii,” and “Anal” are all banned.
20 Unexpected Terrible Names
Get ready for this list of baby names that are terrible, but quite unexpected. These baby names for boys and girls are surprisingly on the “Most Hated” list, according to Waxx Radio, even though they are popular names.
- Jackson- I know many, many Jacksons, so this one is truly a shocker.
- Nevaeh- Not a terrible name until you find out it’s heaven spelled backward.
- Michael- There are so many Michaels; maybe that’s why people started to hate the name.
- Destiny- I agree with this one. Destiny is not a nice-sounding name at all.
- Tristan- Another one that I agree with. The name Tristan just doesn’t flow off the tongue the right way.
- Madison- I actually like the name Madison. I think it’s pretty, but apparently, many others don’t think so.
- Bentley- Ooof, the name Bentley is definitely terrible.
- Mackenzie- Another not-so-terrible of a name, so I’m not sure why it’s on the list.
- McKenna- I don’t like this baby name as a first name. It sounds more like a middle or last name.
- Hunter- Gross.
- Addison- Another terrible name.
- Aiden- Shockingly, Aiden is on this list because that name is popular.
- Gertrude- Yeah, the name Gertrude is too old-school. This name is a good example of a name that shouldn’t be brought back from the dead. Ever.
- Bertha- Isn’t Bertha the name of a famous cow?
11 of the Worst Baby Names Ever Used
According to family minded, these are some of the worst baby names.
- Abcde- I remember when this name was used for the first time in 2017. I was shocked to hear one person used this baby name, but I was even more shocked to find out that 373 parents named their baby girl this. Abcde is pronounced ah-biss-sa-dee, but in reality, it shouldn’t have to be pronounced at all.
- Airwrecka- Supposedly, this name is supposed to be pronounced like “Erica.” I’m not buying it.
- Bacardi- A brand of liquor should not be being used as a name for a baby… sorry, not sorry.
- Babyboy- Do you really want your child’s 70-year-old 12th-grade science teacher calling your son “baby boy” in front of his classmates? If you answer “yes,” then you’re not normal.
- Banana- There’s nothing to even say about this terrible baby name except… this s*&t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
- Candida- This awful baby name might sound O.K. if you don’t know what Candida is. In case you don’t, it’s the fungal infection that causes yeast infections. But by all means, go ahead and put Candida on your child’s birth certificate.
- Chaos- O.K., that’s just mean.
- Drug- Believe it or not, this is a baby name parents have actually used in the past.
- Espn- Yeah, we get it; you love sports. “Hey Espn, do you mind turning on the TV?” “Sure, what channel?” “ESPN.” “What?” See how stupid that is?
- Fanta- “Want a Fanta, Dontcha want ta”
- Girl- I. Just. Can’t. Why would you do that to your child??